Monday, December 23, 2013

My Home This Christmas

wow. can y'all believe that christmas is two days away! i'm like so excited. have i finished christmas shopping? of course not...but i have finished christmas decorating and i wanted to show you's today before i got busy with the hustle and bustle that is christmastime. 
last week was craaazy which is why i haven't been able to write this post sooner. so i was determined to get this one written that way i'm not having to post my christmas decorations after christmas. that would be lame. anyways, i didn't do as much this year as i wanted to because frankly ain't nobody got time for dat i've been tiiiired. seriously, though, my feet have been killing me and it was too hard to get up this morning. i'm kinda looking forward to sleeping in on wednesday before heading to all my christmas festivities. and then it's back to work on thursday..oh the life of a grown up. wish i still got christmas vacay.

okay enough chatting. here's my home decorated for christmas:
[starting with my christmas tree]
i did my tree differently this year. i have done green mesh in the past but i found that pretty green, gold, and red striped mesh for 50% off at tipton hurst. i also found this red poly mesh tubing and it was 50% off as well. they inspired me to change my tree up this year and i adore how it turned out. 
i found these strands of pre-lit garland for $9 each at walmart and i used it several different places. so worth the nine bucks.
i'm SO IN LOVE with my fireplace mantel. i knew from the get go that i wanted to use burlap on the garland and it turned out even better than i expected. you can also see a close up of the poly mesh tubing i used on the tree..i used the leftovers for my mantel. it's so easy to work with, and really gives the burlap some christmas punch!
the details: 
pre-lit garland-$9 {walmart}
burlap-$7 {walmart}
poly mesh tubing-$5 {tipton hurst}
small cranberries-$1 for five {dollar tree}
red sparkly branches-$7 each {hobby lobby}
i swear i am just going to be so sad when i have to take this all down. cause i have no clue how i'm gonna make it as fabulous as it looks now. 
i'm having something built for this wall but until it's completely finished i decided to decorate it up for christmas. i had got that red garland and wreath fo freeee here at work and knew i had to use them somewhere. 
close up of everything.
details: the christmas tree, two santa clauses, and the small gold reindeer came from my momma. i got that peppermint candle idea from pinterest, found the wooden snowmen at hobby lobby a few years back, and the merry christmas sign is also from hobby lobby. the sign didn't have a way to hang up but luckily my dad left his picture hanging kit at my house so i used some supplies from it and ta-da it now hangs on the wall. [i'm crafty like that]
close up of the garland.
details:
red garland-free {found at work}
gold glittery ribbon-free {found in my ribbon stash}
gold, green, and red ornaments from assorted packages-prices range from $8-$16 {walmart}
the wreath-free {found at work} then i just used leftover poly mesh from my tree.
i had wire already. you will definitely need some of it. 
along with the red garland and wreath, i also found this white garland. it inspired me to do something special with my entry table. i was determined to find me a good nativity scene since it is the real reason for this christmas season. i found this one scene at hobby lobby for 50% off and i just fell in love with how original it is. i also like that it's all one piece..it's different. 
anyways, i twisted the white garland i got fo free with one of my pre-lit ones and then added gold ornaments, and these real pretty clip on gold flowers. it turned out way better than expected and i am so glad i decided to do this.
the details:
white garland-free {found at work}
green pre-lit garland-$9 {walmart}
gold clip on flowers-$2 each {walmart}
gold assorted ornaments-$8 for a bucket {walmart}
gold berry picks [in the vase] $1 each {walmart}
i didn't do too much in my kitchen. just put  few christmasy things here and there.
details:
turquoise tree-$10 {hobby lobby}
peppermint ornaments-$3.50 {hobby lobby}
snowflake ornaments-$3 {hobby lobby}
assorted decorations found at hobby lobby
bottle santa made by a co-worker
next is my hitchcock room. this room hasn't been formally introduced yet here on my blog or even on my instagram for that matter, but i did want to go ahead and show it off decorated for christmas. when i first started deciding what i wanted to decorate this year, my chandelier was at the top of the list. i just thought it would be so fun and pretty to decorate it. so i did! it wasn't easy, but i was determined to give it some christmas cheer. 
and naturally i had to decorate the end of my piano, which turned out to be another favorite area. i also put up another small tree, as well as adding a few fun details to my old school trunk. if you haven't figured out yet why i call it my hitchcock room then i feel sorry for you let me it explain: i picked out 6 hitchcock movie posters and hung them in this room. all the posters are super colorful and look pretty awesome on my black walls and with all my dark furniture. can't wait to do a full reveal of this room soon.
the details:
thin garland for chandelier-$4 {hobby lobby}
red wired cord-$4 {hobby lobby}
christmas tree details found {HERE}
tall skinny santa-$11 {hobby lobby}
short skinny santa-$6 {hobby lobby}
gold christmas tree-$12 {walmart}
gold presents-free {from my momma}
gold magnolia leaves-video tutorial found here
assorted ornaments-$8 per bucket {walmart}
my front porch turned out to be my most favorite of all. i just couldn't be more in love with how it turned out. just exactly what i wanted. check out how i decorated my wreath last year here. since i already had the wreath done, that's what gave me the inspiration for around the door. i took the green poly mesh i used from my tree last year and thought it'd be more matchy matchy to use it then the gold, green, and red striped mesh i had leftover from my tree. then to add just a little more color, i added in the red glittery ribbon, and then just added the ornaments in clusters to the empty spots. i knew i wanted to use my candy canes since the colors matched dead on, but i just couldn't figure out where to place them. so i used some of the red ribbon to tie to the hook on the back and attached them to my porch lights. FREAKING PERFECT! i die i'm so in love with the outcome. 
the details:
2 strands of garland-$9 each {walmart}
green poly mesh-leftover from last year
red ribbon-$3 {hobby lobby}
assorted ornaments-$16 for a large bucket {walmart}  
peppermint ornaments-$3.50 {hobby lobby}
candy canes i found last year at hobby lobby..can't remember how much. 
not to brag or anything, but doesn't it look darling with my turquoise door. can't get over how amazing all the bright festive colors look together.
luckily i have an outlet right by my door for my front porch but i had ran out of extension cords. so, i used these christmas lights that i used on my porch last year, and thought they look pretty festive so i decided to keep em here. 
AND THAAAT'S my crib decorated for christmas. hope you enjoyed all of it, as much as i have been living in it. it's going to be so hard putting all these pretty decorations away. 
here's a few of my presents all wrapped up ready to be opened. i love the little gift tags i found at hobby lobby last year and i had enough left over to use again this year. i wanted to go and find me some new christmas pjs so i might do that tonight when i finish up the last bit of my shopping. wish me luck..having to be out with all the christmas yayhoos ain't one of the most greatest experience for anyone. it's going to be insane. ahhhh!
anyways, i doubt i will be back again this week since christmas is in two freaking days. oh em gee. i wish and hope that each and everyone of you have a wonderful, wonderful holiday with your friends and family. and let's also remember the real reason for this season.

the angel said to them, "do not be afraid. i bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. today in the town of david a savior has been born to you; he is the messiah, the lord. this will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared, with the angel, praising God and saying,
"glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests."
luke 2:10-14

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LOVELIES
what's wrong with you? you got a reindeer up your butt?"
[steel magnolias] 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE all of this! Seriously! We should be friends. Move to Virginia. Immediately.

    Merry Christmas Sweet Friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete