Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wedding Showers, Roller Coaster Feelings, and What I Wore

so some of you may know that my little brother is getting married in august. [august 3rd to be exact] well this past weekend friends and family threw them two big showers. and of course i was in attendance. [duh i'm a bridesmaid/sister] 
[sneak peek of my dress]
on saturday night my parents' bff's [who we've known since we were babes] threw my little bro and liz [his fiance] a big mexican fiesta couples shower at their house. there was fajitas, lots of dips, and most importantly margaritas. needless to say it was a lot o fun! and little bro and liz got so much neat stuff.
fiesta night with my sissy and brother // me and my sissy with liz at her park hill shower
on sunday afternoon, we had the church shower. we've gone to park hill [my church] since we were babes as well and so of course all the little church women wanted to throw my brother a shower, too. which is good for liz cause church showers always bring in the dishes, sheets and bath towels. 
[glass mixing bowls, and two glass measuring cups]
me and my pretty momma // us girls again
i will say when i found out my little brother was getting married i felt a little weird about it. liz is great and i am so happy she is going to be a part of our little family but i couldn't help but have just a tad bit of jealousy. i don't know, it just got to me. they got a house and stuff to put in it at the drop of a hat. not to mention i felt a little lonely. [hello 7th wheel] but after this past weekend and even during i was just overcome with joy. nothing but pure joy. i wasn't jealous i was just extremely happy. and filled with a joy that i thought i lost this year. 
it's been a hard year for me. i don't like to open up about my personal feelings here on my blog, because family & friends read it. sometimes you just need a place to write and not be questioned about it later.
this year has gotten to me. like i feel trapped. it just seems like i'll be going right along fine and then a darkness just creeps over me but lately i've been spending time with my little family and it's great. it's fun and i don't feel trapped. and turns out my mom was right all along. we would be friends when we got older. and i'm so thankful for that. 

he was right. 

***
now. let's move on to more important things like what i wore to said showers. new outfits, that's what.
saturday night // sunday afternoon

romper is from:
and i had a 10% off coupon + it was free shipping! want one? click here
next i got this dress from kiki la'rue and i had a 30% off coupon. you can get it {here}
also i got in the red rope necklaceskull necklace and sunglasses i had told ya'll i ordered a few weeks ago. and you already know i've been sportin them around.
rope necklace // zig zag maxi // floral overlay and skull necklace from savoir-faire
well it's pretty clear i'm addicted to online shopping. are you?
okay that's it for this week. have a great weekend. i'm going to be resting since i got a summer cold. lame.
"wait a second. you two look guilty. have you been eating my candy?"
[that 70s show]

2 comments:

  1. OMG. That bow back romper is ADORABLE. Wish I could pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. My little brother and little sister got married before me and it just kind of kills you that you're still alone-not even any potentials. Killer. But you're allowed to feel that, just not necessarily show it to them-which I'm sure you did well at!

    You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete