Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's Recap. Shall We?

ello mates. raise your hand right now if you are glad it's FRIIIDAAAAY!
ooh ooh me me! *raising both hands*
it's been a fast week and i've gotten tons of things done, but i'm ready for a niiiiice relaaaxing weekend.

i thought now would be as good a time as any to do a recap on my 2012 goals.
i posted my my top 10 goals of 2012 in january. and what i plan to do is go back over them each month, and see my progress.
i picked decided to make easy goals that i knew i could reach. and i honestly think i have been doing a pretty good job so far. if i do say so myself.

1. GO TO CHURCH MORE
hmm. ive been okay on this one. i think i went a couple of times in january, which is way better than the zero times i went in december. and i think i might go to some different churches, too.
2. GET INVOLVED IN THE ARKANSAS FOOD BANK
eek. i haven't quite started this. but i did see they have several food drives i can donate towards.
3. RESPECT MY CO-WORKERS
i've been doing great with this one. i think. i guess you would really have to ask my co-workers what they think.
4. DO ONE PROJECT A WEEK AND BLOG ABOUT IT
oops. like arkansas food bank i haven't quite jumped on board. but i have so many planned and started that i know it's only a matter of time.
5. RECYCLE
got this down pat. after snatching that recycling bin from my ex-tenant, it was just a matter of remembering not to throw away items that can be recycled. like phone books they still give out every three months
6. WEAR HEELS MORE OFTEN
i've done okay at this. haven't quite been brave enough to wear them to work.
[i got to get my shoe game up.]
7. SAVE MY MONEY AND CUT OUT USELESS SPENDING
ha ha ha hah haha. now this is where things gotta little haywire. weeeellll i bought some new decor..along with 5 different books and several movie purchases..but i also got these:
[disclaimer: i try not to buy clothes/accessories..cause to be quite honest i have way too much]
but a girl needs clothes right?? right? uuhhh sure..just go with me here.
just some of the useless spending splurges i made in january:

hey! i need work shoes. and if im not brave enough yet to wear heels, a solid black pair of TOMS definitely does the trick.

gotta have my nail polish fix.

random fourteen dolla tee..yes please!

i've had "black cardigan" on my wishlist for a while. i found this one at target.

and some other target scores:
[striped top and fringe top]

they are both super comfy.
gosh. i love clothes. no literally guys. i loooove clothes!
so i didn't do so hot on goal number seven. baby steps, people. baby steps.
8. STAY POSITIVE
eh. i'm not sure how well i'm doing on this one. but i am trying and that's worth something right?
9. AROUND THE HOUSE TO DO LIST
you guys saw how i was doing on #4...doing bout the same here. wah wah wah.
10. READ AT LEAST ONE BOOK A MONTH
well i guess yall saw how i bought five books last month. still working on one of those but that means i read 4 books in january. with my goal set at one, i thought this was pretty successful.

have you been reaching your 2012 goals?
welp. it's 10 days into february. [my nephew is a month a five days old.] cheers to a new month. and a good weekend.

"if you remember one thing from me today, it's this: the mind is the only weapon that doesn't need a holster."
[paul blart: mall cop]

3 comments:

  1. I think you've done really, really considering it's only been a month! I, uh...well, no. I haven't done so well, haha! I haven't blogged in a million years, stayed positive or found a job. Dang it! Must. try. harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tan burlap Toms and they are so worth the $$. Mine do get a bit dirty and they aren't good to wash, but I still want MORE! I found some good finds at Target too! I always wait till they have sales, and make some really good scores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, inexpensive clothes from Target is always the end of my budget each month. And I also ordered some Toms last month too! Sparkly white ones!! I just found your blog and love it! I think we've got a bit in common! Can't wait to read more from you! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete