Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh Tyler You're Such A Tease

today is gonna be short and sweet.
i gots lots to do today. but the sun is shining so frankly my dear i don't give a damn i don't really care cause running errands with the sun shining isn't as bad as running errands in the rain. am i right folks?

but before i got too busy i wanted to post a fun and easy gift project.
i love birthdays. not just my own. i like celebrating birthdays, cake, singing happy birthday, the presents, and most importantly showing that special someone that ya, they are special.
everyone should feel special on their birthday. i try my best to do a little something something for all the people in my life on their special day. because hey without that day..they wouldn't be here or be a part of my life. so i wanna show them that hell yea i'm happy you were born today! so let's celebrate.

my go to gift ideas consist of:
sweet treats
candy
flowers
candles
ya know the normal little gifty gift. but i try to spice it up and add a personalized touch so the special someone doesn't just think i threw something together last minute. maybe i read too much into it
one of my fav and easy gift choices are candles.
i love a good tyler candle what a great gift. i would be pumped if someone got me one. fo sho.
so a co-worker of mine had a birthday on friday and i got her a yummy orange vanilla tyler candle.
now as for adding the personalized touch...can we say easy peasy japanesy.
come on. say it with me..easy. peasy. japanesy.

here's what ya need...

i already had the paint, ribbon, and wooden letter. just needed the tyler candle. which a medium size one usually runs to be $13.00--so worth it i swear. and then just some 99 cent tissue paper.

start with your letter.


while you are letting the letter dry. get your tissue paper and wrap up your candle.




you will also need a hot glue gun.


she loved it! i mean who wouldn't love orange vanilla? i wanna eat it.

need a good gift. pick up a tyler candle at hallmark..they got tissue paper and ribbon, too.
ahhh i wish i owned a hallmark

"you always eating up all the food. all the chicken, all the pig feet, all the collard greens, all the hog maws. i want some of them chit'lins. i love pig feet."
[friday]

3 comments:

  1. that's super cute! gonna have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea!! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea! Really adds that personal touch. I used to work at Hallmark when I was in high school....I spent so much money there. Lol. :)

    xx Jessica

    ReplyDelete