Thursday, July 7, 2011

come fly away with me

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!
i finally finished this art project i have been working on for a couple of months weeks.
i know i said yesterday that i love procrasinating but this project had been put off and put off for waaayyyy too long.

also, i have another part of my house to show off as well.
but first things first...
introducing...
my "fly away" artwork.

basically i took cardboard letters i bought at hobby lobby. then i wrapped them in yarn. spray painted a canvas grey. and hot glued each letter carefully onto the canvas.
it turn out exactly how i wanted it to. i am so happy with the outcome.

now i have had this big blank wall in my hallway that just needed something.
the something is my "fly away" project. it look uuuhhhmazing! if i do say so myself.


love my new glue gun.

i used "fly away" to match all the little birdies that are all over my house.

what do you think?

now introducing my hallway:



perfect.

the rug is perfect, with there being so many doors in the hallway it had to fit just right to where i could actually open all the closets.

i'll tell ya a secret.....i hate my hall bath. it always has some kind of issue.



i swear i have bag, purses, and clutches out the wazoo! they're seriously everywhere.

does anyone love their dyson as much as i do?
best christmas gift ever!

the linen closet.

that also doubles as my tornado shelter.

when i first moved in i had no clue what to use this teeny tiny closet for?
washcloths, medications, dvds, dishes, paint...what?
it has kinda turned into a i-dont-know-what-to-do-with-this-i'll-just-throw-it-in-here kind of closet.

don't ask me why i keep the cardboard box sleeve that comes on a newly bought dvd.
i got tired of walking back and forth to the laundry room just to get a bottle of pledge. 

but seriously? what did the last guy use this closet for?
wait...i dont even want to know.

well thats my little hallway.

while i was waiting for the glue gun to heat up and the spray paint to dry i messed around with the letters to see what other words i could make.

 (i know i'm a geek)

"their samples are way better than our samples. and did you see how fast i sniffed them out? i could totally be a police dog."
[that 70s show]

5 comments:

  1. cute :)

    and really strange, but I had a childhood tea set collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've fallen in love with your blog. Shhh, don't tell mine, it'll get upset lol. I love that Fly Away project. I love that your a Christian on the inside, but don't necessarily fit the world's view of a Christian, I don't know many Christians with skull & crossbones tats! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you'll come back soon, newest follower over from Jenna's blog!

    P.S. Teen Mom is one of my guilty pleasures lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE what you did with those letters! What a great DIY and seems so simple. It looks awesome. I also wish I could be as organized as you ;)

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the fly away. i'm jealous of your craftiness~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks SO awesome. I love the texture of yarn, and the colors look so great together!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Consider me a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete