Friday, June 17, 2011

i dont take my kitchen for granite

okay, i know you all have been wondering what a landlady's kitchen looks like...
i absolutely love how it turned out. the kitchen when i bought the house was terrible. no lie. just awful. it was super outdated, i doubt the stove even worked, the tile was hideous, and it looked like the kitchen would cave in at any moment.
i had to totally re-model the entire kitchen. i added new floor, cabinets, countertops, a bar, appliances, light fixtures, and a new stainless steel sink.
i was so excited i got to do black granite countertops. that's something i've always wanted in my home.

i am super proud of how it turned out.
considering how it looked before.





i've lost some of my knives in all the moves i have made.

i bought my toaster for $4 right after i rented my first apt in 2008.

im in the process of filling in the top of my cabinets. it is a process.




in all the apts i lived in i never had a stainless steel two basin sink. so i knew that was something i needed to have.

yes, i'm one of those people who saves coke tabs.






i bought these to decorate my first kitchen back in 2008.



i think everything turned out really well..although i don't use my kitchen as much as most people.
but i know this nice kitchen will come in handy in the future...way in the future.

"my grandma bessie doesn't have any teeth, and trust me she aint shy around a bucket of popcorn."
[that 70s show]

3 comments:

  1. those S&P shakers are too cute! And I love the black counter tops. That'd be a great place to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! I am seriously in love with your kitchen. Love the countertops - they are absolutely gorgeous!

    xoxo, elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Changing the way in which you go about remodelling your kitchen countertops is one of the best ways in which you can save money without sacrificing the finished look of the room.

    ReplyDelete