Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"fanta$tic"

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like...

This was the song playing in my head yesterday. It has been so beautiful outside, perfect bicycle weather. Thats all i could think about yesterday, was how bad I wanted to ride my bike. As I was driving home yesterday, after errands, I was sure I was going to run out of daylight. Finally, I bounded into my driveway and raced inside to change. Like Flash, I got my bike and zoomed outside just as the sun was starting to set. I figure I'll just do a quick trip around the block since I had been thinking about it all day.........and here are my mistakes:
1. i didnt stretch.
2. i had only eaten half a sandwich & a cup of coffee all day
3. i didnt scope out the neighborhood before riding.
4. i didnt avoid the hills.
5. i didnt pace myself.
All common mistakes I'm sure. I think I was so excited about getting my little butt back on that tiny uncomfortable seat that i just didnt care. Bad, bad idea. I seriously didnt think I was going to make it back to my house. I guess being cooped up all winter..and not exercising has gotten my little body out of shape. When I got off my bike after getting back to the house it felt like I had just gotten off a horse. I seriously could barely make it in the door. My bike is still laying in a heap on my dining room floor and I slept like I won the olympics. The weird thing is...I cant wait to get back out there and do it again!

The movie The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a great movie. I havent watched all of it but my roommate really likes it. Its so funny..

*Dont lose hope. When you are down to nothing, God is up to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment