Friday, September 24, 2010

Something borrowed, something blue, something old, and something new!

Yesterday I got to spend all day with my bestfriend, Stormi, and help her get prepared for her wedding to her boyfriend of 4 years, Caleb. I was so happy to be there for her and help make the day into the sepcial day that she wanted it to be. On Wednesday evening I met Stormi in Benton so her and I could go back to my house and have her bachelorette party. I had gone to Party City and gotten a couple of bachelorette party supplies and lots of sweet candy to decorate the dining table. I wanted her to be surprised and she definitely was when she stepped in the door. We then went and got ready to go out to eat. We decided on Hibachi, thats one of our favorites. In Hot Springs we go to Osaka and her we go to Crazy Hibachi. Come to think of it the last time we went to Crazy Hibachi was the day we went Christmas shopping. The day we decided I would move to Fayetteville. And the day she bought me my tattoo for my Christmas present. We had so much fun that day. We order Mai Tai (not sure if I spelled that right) and "The Crazy Fest" to split. O My Gosh it was so good! My stomach is growling now just thinking about it. After dinner we could have gone downtown and gotten crazy drunk like most bachelorettes do but we decided to just go back to the house. Thats why we get along so well. We both arent big on crowds, loud drunks, and trashy girls. We like to just go home do facials, paint our nails, chill, watch a movie, and pass out before midnight.
 The decorations I did for Stormi. She even wore the veil, sash, and beads to the restuarant.

That morning we slept till 10:00am which was super nice for us since we are usually up way earlier for work. We got ready for the day and Stormi looked so cute wearing white shorts and a white tee. We left the house after gathering up all our stuff and headed to search for a bird cage veil. We found the perfect one at our second stop! We got to Katherine Grant Salon and Spa around 12:00ish just in time for her appointment. Kat did a great job on her hair and I'm sure it was a relief to Stormi to not have to worry about that part. Kat showed us how to put her veil in and then we hit the road for Hot Springs. We got to HS around 2:00ish and headed to her dad's to get ready. Lisa made us cookies and milk while we got ready for the wedding. We finally got the veil just perfect and then headed to the courthouse around 3:30ish. The wedding turned out to be short and sweet. The JP did a great job and Stormi looked absolutely beautiful. I was so happy I got to be her "Maid of Honor" and help make her day special.
Me with Mrs. Stormi Moritz after the ceremony.

It was funny afterwards, because as soon as the four of us (Stormi, Caleb, Brandon and I) got back to the house we all immediately changed out of our "dress clothes" and into our "real clothes" and made tacos for dinner. The perfect wedding reception for us. Of course we had to go to "Don Juans" cause Brandon was still hungry. Nothing's changed.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Reading this takes me so far back and I remeber what a fantasic day that was for me! So thank you for making it so special and stress-free! Not only am I not into loud drunks and trashy girls but also wedding planning! lol. But I heard a rumor that the worse the wedding the better the marriage so NO wedding must mean an eternity of hapiness with Caleb!** Love you Maid of Honor*

    ReplyDelete