Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Busy Bee Gets The Honey

Wow! I cannot believe i have been working at Jenkins Enterprises solidly for the past 10 months. Now that i think about it, i think the last time i had a job consecutively was at Western Sizzlin as the dishwasher, making $5.50 an hour, and trying to figure out if i had washed the cups. Thankfully i have a way better job and way better pay now. And I'm not gunna lie, I never thought that I would ever end up working at "The Family Business" but I really really enjoy it. And i defineitly never would have thought that i would have the amazing opportunity to work side by side with The Boss. Working for The Boss is an experiment in its own. I really dont think that folks quite understand that The Boss is the busiest man on the face of the planet. Ok ok ok maybe the President is the busiest man but still he comes in second.

 bus·y [biz-ee]

–adjective
1. actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime.

I'm very thankful that i work for the second busiest man on the planet because this makes my life busy too. And i very much like when my life is busy. The next four months i have ahead of me are going to go by so fast. I got football games, grand openings, bible studies, catfish dinners, shows, halloween, events, trips, inventory, christmas, and much more that i still dont know about.

And hasnt the weather been awesome! Rode my bike this morning with my dad and it was invigorating. Riding next to the river, before the sun comes up, wind blowing through the small holes in my helmet, gives me the energy to start my day. I cant explain how awesome it is to ride along and see all the great that God has given us. And the smell, the smell is amazing, its like i forget what real air is supposed to smell like and feel like. My dad and i have been riding our bikes together for the past couple of months and it has been a lot of fun. We've gotten better and our speed has improved tremendously. We both talked about working up to be in a couple of races and we even got us a bike rack.

Looking legit with our bike rack.


We got our first football game September 11, we want to open on new GameDay Superstore on September 7, Bible Study starts tomorrow, and I have something planned everyday till next Monday. It sounds like i have a lot of exciting plans, big projects, and busy days ahead of me.

1 comment: